Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What is going on in my crazy head...

Tuesday Oct 30-

What is going on in my crazy head...

  Crazy that this accident happen over a week. Time sure seems to fly (not sure if Dave thinks this right now). Having something happen like this really changes your thinking. You start to think about the past and how you wish you could change things that happen. Then you think about what is currently going on and all the decisions you have to make and you have the future and you wonder what REALLY the outcome will be and what would life be like without him. This is when it hits me on how lucky he was and how lucky we all are that he is still here. I've been good at masking my emotions in front of him since he has had a few "moments".  I try not to have him see me cry since this causes him to worry since he already feels bad about putting me in this spot and many other feelings I'm sure he has experienced. Usually it is the other way around and I have a ton of "crying moments" and he is usually "moment-less".  I've teared up once in front of him but all the other times I had a "moment" alone. I don't want him to feel I feel overwhelmed with doing everything.  I want him to keep focusing on getting better and not about me. Yes sometimes I feel more stressed and have no time and everything needs to be done at that moment but I think that is life and some how most things are done within the appropriate time. To sum it all up I hear a song on the radio and get teary-eyed since I feel so lucky to have him around to drive me crazy still. I can say lately all the little things make me feel so lucky and blessed. As I would tell everyone enjoy every day and every minute since we never know when it might be our last or someone we love lasts. Life is short and I have seen that all too much within my 29 years of life and something like this happening reminds me how precious and short life is and how happy I am to have him here with me. I know many people that would do anything for another moment with a loved one that was lost to soon (including myself), so seize the day and moment and try not to focus to much on the bad since even that will pass.

About Dave-
Yesterday was his first day with NO PAIN MEDS at all!!! Woot, woot! He is one strong dude and ready to get back to life. I made a call into his doctor's office to try and schedule a 2 week appt to find out if it ok for him to go back to work next week. We are still waiting for the call back so hopefully that will be good news! Dave has been grumpy this week since he was suppose to be hunting at his property all week and this is "suppose" to be the time of the rut and something called the running moon. Him and his family members have their theory and this was "suppose" to be the best week to hunt of the year. Last night he was watching outside the Bucks chase the Does and started pouting. He is very bummed he is not out there in the woods to test out this theory. I think it is mean to pick on these animals at a time they are "vulnerable" and doing what is in their nature.  So now he is just living his hunting life through his friends and family. Poor guy :( but I'm happy he is alive and will be able to hunt next year!

Happy Halloween Everyone and bundle up and stay warm since this thing called winter is creeping up on us fast! I'll do my best to get some pics of Dave with the kiddos so you can see just how good he is doing and how he is almost back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment