Friday, October 26, 2012

Thursday, October 25

  It is crazy how each day he continues to get better and better. He is talking so much more, back to his feisty self and I think I am starting to drive him nuts! The first thing he did in the morning was shower. This was the first time from the accident. It went well and he is finally clean and smelling so much better! I know that is mean but sponge baths aren't the same. This was the first time I actually had to put new pads on his brace. I hate taking it off and putting it back on but each time I do it I get more comfortable but still it is nerve racking.

 He is moving around the house himself so I just have to make sure our little dog stays out of his way since Dave's big feet could run him over and I also have to make sure there isn't anything in his way to trip on. He has been spreading out his muscle relaxers to every 10 hours and we changed up his pain meds to ibuprofen 800 since he hates how loopy he feels from the other pain meds. He usually moves from the couch, to the chair, standing up and stretching his arms very carefully (nothing major).

  He loves/hates me waiting on him but I think he is slowly getting use to it. He still takes a lot of naps throughout the day but is pretty alert for the most part. His food intake is getting much better. He actually hasn't lost any weight probably for a few reasons: 1) we have been lucky that so many people have made us amazing meals (if I was cooking he might lose weight) 2) he hasn't had a bowel movement (I know TMI) but this is expected because of all the meds. I keep telling him prune juice and he said he rather be backed up than drink that stuff. On top of all the foods Terry and Michelle sent him a beautiful peace lily, The Barnes family (my sister Kait and Jon) sent him balloons in the hospital along with chocolate and a Sports Illustrated and he just received a nice green plant arrangement from his work. He does joke that he wonders if people think he died but I know that is his way of saying thanks and he is grateful for everything (by the way he has said thank you but everyone that has sent him things knows his personality and sarcasm).

  Last night he was pumped up for his football draft and he won the first round but said he will probably get screwed this round. Not sure what that means but I'm glad he is trying to get back to normal the best he can. We stacked the computer up on 3 large books so it was closer to eye level and he isn't bending anything. We also stayed up to watch the Tigers and Dave still thinks he knows all and should be the coach. He said Justin would pitch bad on Wednesday since he had a 5 day break instead of 4 and he also said the Tigers are awful on the west coast. Well it showed so lets hope for them to win the next 3 at home. We have tickets to game 5 but it is not looking like we will go so those will go up for sale probably real soon :(

I will post a picture of Dave soon so you don't keep thinking he is laid up in bed. He still looks rough but so much better than the pictures I posted the other day!

Thanks for following his journey and God is so good!

Love D&J

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that Dave is continuing to get better each and every day. Thank you so much for doing this blog, Jen... it's great to keep everyone in the know and not feel like you have to spend all day every day answering phone calls and everything else. We're thinking about both of you... all the time! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete