Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Final post for awhile (I HOPE)

Antigua
This is my last post for awhile unless something fun, new or interesting comes along (which means this site will only be carrying good news as long as my husband doesn't think he can fly again). Dave had his 6 week check-up yesterday and the doctor told him he was HEALED and he can resume normal activities again. He will need to take it slowly and listen to what his body is telling him but we were happy and relieved with this news! I keep telling him he can hunt but not from trees. His uncle sent him a message that I feel states many of our thoughts and opinions...if God wanted you to be in trees he would have made you an owl! I thought that was well said and I couldn't agree more!
Dave back to normal and first week w/o brace

I want to thank everyone for all their prayers, time, help, thoughts, cards, gifts, food and well wishes during the hard time. THANK YOU!

One the other note just as one worry goes away many others are in need of special thoughts and prayers. If you have a few extra prayers please say them for the following:

1.) My grandpa - he went to the hospital last night since he couldn't grab anything with his hand and he thought he was having a stroke. We have found out today that it appears it wasn't a stroke or was detected so early that it didn't show up in the CAT scan. Also, they have discovered he has the flu. Our family is hoping it is only the flu and praying it doesn't get any worse and he has a fast recovery soon.
2.) My 4 month old niece is suppose to go in for her first surgery next week Tuesday. For her to have this surgery she has to be healthy (which means no runny nose or anything). I pray that she is healthy for her first surgery and to give her strength to heal and to give my sister and brother in law strength through all of this. I couldn't imagine it is ever easy seeing your little baby go in for surgery. Also I know it will be difficult on her and the parents at first as she goes through the healing process. The good thing is she has a great surgeon taking care of her.

3.) I know today is also a tough day for my brother-in-law and his family. Today his brother would have been 35 and he was taken away to soon from his wife, 2 kids and his family. I know today is a special day of remembering him but I know the pain is still very fresh and never gets easier through the years. We all know he is in a better place and no longer hurting but on days like today strength
and prayers are always appreciated.

4.)I saw a post from a friend on facebook who knows a family who's 2 younger girls have had a bad infection in their body due to E-coli. I do not know the family and have only read the post and every time it brings me to tears thinking of these poor girls and what the family is going through. Prayers for the girls and for their bodies to fight off this infection and for their family in which I can't imagine the pain and fear they are experiencing.

Thanks again for all the support and love,
Dave & Jen
(post written by Jen since we all know Dave wouldn't know how to operate a blog or even know what it is)
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment